My last post, WHAT? ME? WORRY? focused on our need to acknowledge worry? What are the concerns that are holding us back and why? I identified some of my own issues with my current book project. I also clarified which things I can do something about and which ones I need to let go of.
I have to replaced my worries.
In my case, I reconnected with my vision for the book. Leisha started it. She handed it off to me. I must finish it because she is not here. Her story is the continuation of a legacy she left to me- and to those who will read it.
In my heart, I can’t NOT do it. It is one way her life continues to influence others.
But, as a coach, I really appreciated that Mr Matthews provided some questions to replace worry; questions that point my worry to a new way of thinking, such as:
- Who is the one person that might be influenced by this book?
- What does success look like for this project? In a year? In a month? in 2 weeks?
- What can I control?
- Can I influence it?
- Or do I need to let it go?
Taking those previous steps are all helpful, but have little results without Step 3: Do something intentional. I’m afraid that is where I get hung up all too often. I’m great at pondering about something- but struggle to DO something about it.
So…I’m doing somethin’ about worry!
- I wrote to my LOVELY TRACES prayer team and asked for their support.
- I’m joined this Self-Publishing Summit and I’m learning from others who have been there.
- I’m blogging to you- to not only share what I’m doing, but what I’m learning in the process.
- I’m writing a little every day. I may not be able to spend the day- but I can spend a few minutes developing a thought or researching a concept.
So…how about you? What are you worrying about?
- Acknowledge your worry
- Address and Replace the worry
- Do something intentionally
As the call was ending, Chandler asked Mitch for one parting thought. He said,
“Take what is worrying you and acknowledge that could be the genesis of what you need to be coaching on. Very often the battles we face are the very lessons we teach on to reach the people were put on the planet to help.”
Well, I’ve had a battle! I’m learning some lessons! I’m sharing it with you, someone who may also be a worrier.
Do you need some help in your process? Email me! I’m a COACH!
I would love to help you intentionally design hope for your dreams!
Green Hope Coaching with KATHY BURRUS