Yesterday we celebrated the 5th anniversary of GHC. I admitted that I’m not where I wanted to be in business and in life. But during this journey I have learned a great deal. Some things are brand new to me, others are things I am learning again for the first time.
FIVE things I know with more certainty:
- I AM A COACH, not a counselor, though I don’t mind helping people dig around in the ‘bowels’ of their past to find out what is keeping them from moving forward in a healthy way.
- I AM A COACH, not a consultant, though I have lots of thoughtful advice flowing around in my head. In the end it doesn’t matter what I think about your life or your relationship. It matters what you think! It matters what you choose to do with it.
- I AM A COACH! I long to help people move forward. Sometimes it is itsy-bitsy baby steps of thought, sometimes in giant leaps of action. But I see the individual, I see forward, and I see progress, even though it is small.
- I NEED a Coach! I can get lost in the details of growing a business and loving on people and I can forget what I need, what I want for myself like finishing THE BOOK that my daughter Leisha started before she died. Everything in me wants to finish, but I can’t do it alone.
- I need a TEAM! I’ve never worked very well alone. There are some things I do very well and my family and the GHC community benefit most when I focus on those things. There are other things I can figure out but it takes so much time and even then I don’t do them well. I need the support of others who are extraordinary just by doing the things they think are ordinary. Together we make the greater difference.
- Every day someone in my world needs to know they are loved. If I am in their space, I can be one to say that to them. Not to save them, or rescue them, or fix them- but to love them! If I am not in their space, I can pray that someone else will see them and love them.
What have you learned this year? How it is impacting your decisions for your future?