HOPE & HEALING IN THE HOLIDAYS
If you are just now joining us, I encourage you to start at the earlier posts (links are included in the box below) to build the foundation for the thoughts I share here.
1. Looking at the BIG moments that Change Your Life 2. What Happens When a Moment Changes Your Life? 3. Hope & Healing in the Holidays 4. Have you noticed what you need this holiday? 5. Say It Like It Really Is 6. Little Words that Will Make a Big Change
I started this series with a post about looking at the BIG moments that Change your Life. What is marvelous, as you finish reading Psalm 77, once again we are reminded of tha RED SEA moment. (Check out the #1 post listed above if you need a reminder about the Red Sea. Or read the book of Exodus. Fascinating telling of history. )
After Asaph, the writer of Psalm 77, chooses his response by
- noticing his need (post 4)
- expressing his emotions (post 5)
- and pivoting his perspective (post 6)
- He sees God! O God! (also post 6)
Then he gives an example of an O GOD moment, one that would be familiar to his audience.
When the Red Sea saw you!
The Psalmist once again is reminding the reader of that big God moment when the children of Israel stood between death – and death; between the RED SEA and the Egyptian army. A moment when they couldn’t imagine a way out. They couldn’t begin to fathom how God could intervene.
And then He does. Continue reading What Happens When You See God?